Friday, August 16, 2013

Coconutty Nut Muffins

Hey guys! Sorry I have not posted anything in awhile. I was surfing foodgawker, and i found a cool recipe for coconut muffins with almond streusel. I simplified it a little, but you can find the original recipe here.
Here's My version:

Coconutty Nut Muffins

What You Need

  • About 3 bananas 
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 can coconut cream
  •  3 tbs coconut oil
  • 1 tbs vanilla extract
  • 3/4 c. all-purpose gluten free flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • assorted nuts

What To Do
  1. Grease the pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees.In mixer, combine bananas, eggs, coconut cream, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and flour until it is well mixed and free of lumps.
  2. add in salt, baking powder and baking soda. Mix until well combined.
  3. take a few handfuls of nuts (i didn't measure. I just used as much as I liked.) and chop them in food processor or mortar and pestle. Grind until finely chopped. but not dusty.
  4. Add in nuts and mix for about 30 seconds. (until they are mixed in and spread out.)
  5. Pour into muffin tins and bake for 45 minutes.
  Enjoy!  



2 comments:

  1. Great Post Eva! I might have to try this-sounds quite delicious!

    Thanks for sharing!

    -Nicole B.---> AJ's friend!

    ReplyDelete